Flatulent cows cause methane blast

News Desk
Authored by News Desk
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 10:54

An explosion in a cow shed in the German town of Rasdorf yesterday afternoon (Monday 27 Jan) was caused by a build-up of flatulent gas, German police have said.

The blast caused damage to the shed’s roof and left one of the cows with injuries.

Police believe that the shed became filled flammable methane gas released by the flatulence and belches from the 90 cows.

It is then though that a small static electrical spark then caused the gas to ignite and explode.

Emergency services attended the farm and took gas readings to test for the risk of further blasts, said local media.