Travelodge, the UK’s first budget hotel chain is currently supporting communities from Plymouth to Elgin including Devon - by providing accommodation for workers who need to travel for work, local authorities and other vital groups that are allowed to stay overnight.
The hotel chain that celebrates 35 years of making hotels accessible to everyone this year, has selected Devon as one of its key target areas to support in the current lockdown. Currently, there is a need for overnight accommodation from workers who have to travel to Devon for work and from other local groups that are allowed to stay overnight.
Earlier this year, Travelodge implemented into all of its hotels, TravelodgeProtect+ a multi-million programme of cleaning and social distancing measures in line with government guidance. This investment is designed to keep Travelodge customers and teams safe and protected.
Travelodge Protect+ has been developed by a dedicated cross-functional hygiene strategy team and will become the way Travelodge operates going forward. The programme includes:
Cleaning & Hygiene
· Comprehensive cleaning throughout its hotels using an antiviral disinfectant – effective against Coronavirus
· Additional post clean room checks with digital tracking in place to ensure consistently high standards
· Increased cleaning frequency in high touch points in public areas and rooms
· All linen and towels thermally disinfected
· Comprehensive training of every hotel team member on cleaning, hygiene and social distancing
· Installation of customer hand sanitiser stations in key locations in the hotel
· Protective reception screens
· Signage to mark social distance points throughout the hotel including check-in markings
· Monitoring the number of customers in a designated area such as the reception area and lifts
· PPE provided for all hotel team members
· To minimise contact, housekeeping team members will not enter customer’s rooms during their stay
· Contactless payment
· Contactless check-out
Shakila Ahmed, Travelodge, Spokeswoman said: In these unprecedented times, our hotel teams across the UK are working enormously hard, under great pressure, to support local communities. We are currently operating hotels from Plymouth to Elgin, including Devon. Providing vital overnight accommodation for workers who have to travel to Devon for work, and for other groups that are allowed to stay overnight.”
“We are reviewing daily which hotels are best positioned to support growing demand whilst ensuring we comply with the restrictions in place to protect all individuals.”
For details of Travelodge hotels that are currently open, please visit: www.travelodge.co.uk